Friday, June 9, 2017

Rafa's Baby Quilt

Hi All,

When my supervisor informed me he was having a little boy.  I thought, what a great reason to make a quilt.  It was a crash quilt because his wife was due in a month and was having the baby in Norway.  I searched pinterest for ideas.  I wanted something that would build a skill for me but nothing too difficult that I would have trouble with.

I went to a local sewing store Lola Pink in Lafayette, LA.  I just love this store.  She sells yardage and cuts fat quarters.  She organizes the fat quarters in coordinating suggestions on her shelf which made it really easy for me to come up with a good pallet.  Being a newbie and all, I am having trouble picking them out for myself.  I've read a many a blogs about it and am hopeful that one day it will be easier for me.

Please take a look at how it turned out.  I didn't take any pictures during the process because I hadn't started blogging yet.  Blogging is another thing
I am trying to learn.  I am hoping in time I can get my craft out to the public and make new friends.



Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Your baby quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know what a beautiful job you did on your baby quilt. I congratulate your efforts. I'm sure the parents will love your efforts to celebrate a new birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your baby quilt!! It's sure to be a treasure for the family receiving it. Keep up the good work.....

    ReplyDelete

Hunter's Star quilt top

Hi Everyone, Over the long weekend, I worked hard on my hunter's star quilt.  It was all worth it.  I am pleased with the results. ...